Bamboo Forums  
     Gallery: Bamboo Flora      Gallery: Bamboo Arts & Crafts     Gallery: Bamboo Workshop Help support bamboocraft.net

Register FAQ Members List Bamboo Events Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Bamboo Forums > Bamboo Flora > Growing Bamboo > 'Lucky' Bamboo = Dracaena sanderiana
Active Topics: 7 days  30 days  60 days - must be logged in to view all posts
'Lucky' Bamboo = Dracaena sanderiana Lucky Bamboo is really Dracaena sanderiana (not a true bamboo)

Post New Thread Reply

Old 7th June 2005, 09:26 AM
traci2020

Is my indoor lucky bamboo plant dying?

Hi,
I received 2 small bamboo plants and I have one at work and it is growing and looks great. The one I have at home is planted in rocks in a small container (like the one at work) but it's stems are turning yellow and have some black growing on them. They also feel really dry. I have kept it watered and I even got some fertilizer for it. Can anyone let me know what I can do to try to save it? I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 7th June 2005, 10:37 AM
tharlow

Hi,

Your plant is a dracaena (better known as lucky bamboo) akin to the corn plant (as with bamboo not to be confused with actual corn).

Here are some links on it:

http://www.plant-care.com/lucky-bamboo.html

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1504.htm

--Tom
Old 15th July 2007, 09:37 PM
luckybambooplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci2020 View Post
Hi,
I received 2 small bamboo plants and I have one at work and it is growing and looks great. The one I have at home is planted in rocks in a small container (like the one at work) but it's stems are turning yellow and have some black growing on them. They also feel really dry. I have kept it watered and I even got some fertilizer for it. Can anyone let me know what I can do to try to save it? I would appreciate it. Thanks
It's been a long time from i read your words, but i would like to answer your question, lucky bamboo stems turning yellow and dry usually mean dead, they can't drink water from the roots, to save it please read tips on this website:www.luckybamboo-moneytree.com
Post New Thread Reply