Bamboo Forums  
     Gallery: Bamboo Flora      Gallery: Bamboo Arts & Crafts     Gallery: Bamboo Workshop Help support bamboocraft.net

Register FAQ Members List Bamboo Events Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Bamboo Forums > Bamboo Workshop > Bamboo Papermaking
Active Topics: 7 days  30 days  60 days - must be logged in to view all posts
Post New Thread Reply

Old 18th June 2011, 04:17 PM
meadowyck

Papermaking video

I don't know if any of you have seen this utube on making paper but I found it to be very good. great detail on the steps involved....

hope the link works for you as I've never tried to post about anything on utube before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2WXB...layer_embedded

Jan

edited to take out bamboo paper.

Last edited by meadowyck : 19th June 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 19th June 2011, 01:03 PM
CaroleMeckes

The video shows how Washi Paper is made from the Kozo plant and is very interesting. The techniques for making bamboo paper are very similar.

Thanks Jan for posting the link
My Photos: Gallery - Bamboo Flora - - - Bamboo Arts & Crafts - - - Bamboo Workshop Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 01:38 PM
meadowyck

I'm didn't mean to imply in my first message that this was bamboo, after I posted and watched it again I realized I said bamboo.

I've been researching paper making and I want to do it with bamboo, but I don't know for sure what part is the best to try and use. I'm going to try several things (provided the bamboo grower will let me purchase/him give me) the peelings from some of the bamboo, dead leaves and then the bamboo polls itself.

I am very interested in how paper was made long ago and very surprised that it is still made the "long hand" way so to speak....

Jan
Old 26th August 2011, 07:44 AM
jenna

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowyck View Post
I don't know if any of you have seen this utube on making paper but I found it to be very good. great detail on the steps involved....

hope the link works for you as I've never tried to post about anything on utube before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2WXB...layer_embedded

Jan

edited to take out bamboo paper.

is this the whole procedure being done in paper making?? i havent watch it yet. bec. we have no flash player at home.. can u help me with this paper making out of bamboo? thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 01:06 PM
meadowyck

Jenna

Sorry I can't offer any help I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Once I get some more info, I'll be happy to share.

Jan
Post New Thread Reply