Bamboo Forums  
     Gallery: Bamboo Flora      Gallery: Bamboo Arts & Crafts     Gallery: Bamboo Workshop Help support bamboocraft.net

Register FAQ Members List Bamboo Events Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Bamboo Forums > Bamboo Flora > Growing Bamboo > Bamboo Collections > Members Bamboo Collections
Active Topics: 7 days  30 days  60 days - must be logged in to view all posts
Post New Thread Reply

Old 1st June 2011, 11:28 PM
Tammy

how to sell bamboo

Hi I have about 1 half acre of bamboo 6 to 7 feet tall. I burnt my field this past spring and it is unbelieveable how fast the bamboo has grown and trippled in size . Could someone please let me know how to go about harvesting this to sell.

Thank-you,
Tammy Frost
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:29 AM
CaroleMeckes

Hi Tammy,
first year growth of bamboo is not very strong
You might thin out the skinny pieces and give the larger culms time to stronger Carole
My Photos: Gallery - Bamboo Flora - - - Bamboo Arts & Crafts - - - Bamboo Workshop Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 10:25 PM
txrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleMeckes View Post
Hi Tammy,
first year growth of bamboo is not very strong
You might thin out the skinny pieces and give the larger culms time to stronger Carole

Hi, new to the forum here and sort of new to bamboo. We bought our house last August and it came with a pretty well established grove of bamboo. I harvested about 15 poles 1.5 - 2 inches in diameter. The previous owner had already cut the others before we got here or I would have had 40 or 50 poles. My question is how long with it typically take bamboo to get to that size? Will they survive an East Texas winter? Thanks in advance for any help!
Post New Thread Reply